Why a Men's Ministry at Calvary Crossroads?
The purpose of a men's ministry is not to overburden already busy schedules. Rather it is to bring men together in mutual submission to the Lord Jesus Christ, to the will and the Word of God, and to the leading of the Holy Spirit. It is to teach them to assume their proper roles as heads of their households, as co-workers in the body of Christ, and as lights in a dark and dying world. Its purpose is to use men to reach men, encouraging them to put on Christ and to put off the world.
One method of accomplishing the above purpose is to see men at Calvary Crossroads submitting themselves to other men in small groups - engaging in prayer, study and mutual accountability. Another is to provide training on various aspects of Christian life of particular interest to men through group settings that allow for optimum learning. A third is to provide enjoyable opportunities for men to fellowship while reaching out to Josephine County - to unsaved or unchurched friends, relatives, neighbors and co-workers.
To see men love God and honor Jesus Christ through worship, prayer and obedience to God's Word as they live in the power of the Holy Spirit (see Colossians 3:26; Galatians 4:16; 1 John 5:1-3).
- To see men committed to biblical discipleship, submitting themselves to a few other men through accountability, study, and prayer, being built up as well as building up others (see 2 Timothy 2:2; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
- To see men becoming men of integrity, being pure both in thought and conduct (see Ephesians 1:4; Colossians 3:5; Psalm 119:9, 11).
- To see men committed to, and living in accord with, biblical principles for marriage and family (see Ephesians 5:23ff; 6:4; 1 Corinthians 7).
- To see men committed to using their gifts and talents for the Lord both in the church and in the community (see Ephesians 2:10; 2 Timothy 2:21).
- To see men committed to the unity of all believers, praying for their elders as well as the leadership and ministries of other fellowships in the Rogue Valley and beyond (see Colossians 3:12-15; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).
- To see men committed to reaching others for Christ by involving themselves in evangelism, outreach opportunities and missions (see Acts 1:8; 6:7; 8:1, 4, 35; Matthew 18:18-20).